This job is right for you if….
You enjoy installing, dismantling, maintaining, repairing, and reassembling machinery in factories, power plants, and construction sites.
A millwright is a high-precision craftsman or skilled tradesman. They work with and install large pumps, values, rollers, turbines, rotors, fans, and more!
Median Hourly Earnings:
- Skilled Production
Job Types Include:
- Industrial Mechanic
- Construction Worker
Maine Based Resources To Get Training: Millwrights
Currently, there are several vocational trade schools that have specialized classes in industrial manufacturing.
- Beal University – Bangor, ME
- Northeast Technical Institut – Bangor, ME
- Northern Penobscot Tech Region – Lincoln, ME
- Southern Aroostook Vocational – Staceyville, ME 04777
Maine Community College System
Community Colleges offer programs like an Associate’s degree in Electrical Construction & Maintenance as well as Industrial Maintenance.
- Northern Maine Community College – Presque Isle, Maine
- Central Maine Community College – Auburn, Maine
- Eastern Maine Community College – Bangor, Maine
- Southern Maine Community College – South Portland, Maine
- Washington County Community College – Calais, Maine
- York County Community College – Wells, Maine
University of Maine- Mechanical Engineering Technology
Offering extensive training for continued experience.