This job is right for you if….
You enjoy installing, dismantling, maintaining, repairing, and reassembling machinery in factories, power plants, and construction sites.
A millwright is a high-precision craftsman or skilled tradesman. They work with and install large pumps, values, rollers, turbines, rotors, fans, and more!
What They Do:
Install, dismantle, or move machinery and heavy equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, or other drawings.
- watching gauges, dials, or display screens to make sure a machine is working
- installing equipment, machines, wiring, or computer programs
They Do Well At Jobs That Need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
Median Hourly Earnings:
Job Types Include:
- Industrial Mechanic
- Construction Worker
Maine Based Resources To Get Training: Millwrights
Currently, there are several vocational trade schools that have specialized classes in industrial manufacturing.
- Beal University – Bangor, ME
- Northeast Technical Institut – Bangor, ME
- Northern Penobscot Tech Region – Lincoln, ME
- Southern Aroostook Vocational – Staceyville, ME 04777
Maine Community College System
Community Colleges offer programs like an Associate’s degree in Electrical Construction & Maintenance as well as Industrial Maintenance.
- Northern Maine Community College – Presque Isle, Maine
- Central Maine Community College – Auburn, Maine
- Eastern Maine Community College – Bangor, Maine
- Kennebec Valley Community College – Fairfield and Hinkley, Maine
- Southern Maine Community College – South Portland, Maine
- Washington County Community College – Calais, Maine
- York County Community College – Wells, Maine
University of Maine- Mechanical Engineering Technology
Offering extensive training for continued experience.
Find Out More!
Interested in finding out more about forestry positions, businesses, and careers here in Maine? Simply share some information below and we’ll have an industry representative reach out directly to you!