Careers: First-Line Supervisor
Careers: First-Line Supervisors
This job is right for you if….
You like training workers, assigning jobs, solving on-site problems, and are a leader.
Being a supervisor is being a team player. You will have to coordinate and support a large group of individuals on the job.
Median Hourly Earnings:
- Forest Sciences
Job Types Include:
- Field Operator
- Harvest Supervisor
- Logging Crew Foremen
- Logging Supervisor
Maine Based Resources To Get Training: Forest & Conservation Worker
Currently, there are four Forestry/Wood Harvesting programs in Maine, all offer Certified Logging Professional (CLP) apprenticeship certification to successful graduates. These programs accept high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Training lasts between one and three years depending on the individual school.
- Oxford Hills Tech School – Norway, Maine
- Foster Technology Center – Farmington, Maine
- Region 9 School of Applied Technology – Rumford, Maine
- Region 2 School of Applied Technology – Dyer Brook, Maine
Maine Community College System
Community Colleges offer programs that may be of interest to prospective first-line forestry supervisors.
- Northern Maine Community College – Presque Isle, Maine
- Central Maine Community College – Auburn, Maine
- Eastern Maine Community College – Bangor, Maine
- Southern Maine Community College – South Portland, Maine
- Washington County Community College – Calais, Maine
- York County Community College – Wells, Maine
University of Maine- Forestry Education & Research